Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Keeping our heads high

I can't help but feel that the world is descending into chaos on various fronts and magnitude. Is this a phase we ought to have? From the circumstances, I believe so and we are actually in the process of intensified evolution in economics, politics and in our societies.

The outcome from this intensified evolution would probably create a new world order and hopefully, a better world. It is just a matter of time but we are not very sure how long this will last.

At the moment, to my understanding, there is no one leader who could rally the world to battle the crisis. Every country is trying to clean up their own backyard, for example, buy locally made goods campaign which in the long run could dampen international trade and delay a global economic recovery.

From the war in Sri Lanka and Afghanistan, tensions in the Middle East, political unstability in South East Asia, and back in home front, the divide in parliament over the government's stimulas package are all indications of more troubles to come and it will take time to solve them.

As an individual I wonder what can I do? Look after myself of course and keep my head high and not let those troubles dampen my spirit. Is there all I can do? It depends on what I want - to go with the herd or make a difference. I prefer the latter option but I will need to clean up my own backyard first before attempting to help solve the problems at large.

Someone has to step forward and I will volunteer in this respect so that we can solve the problems together.

Having 1 cent in my pocket is just a cent but if I donate 1 cent together everyone else in the world there will be over a billion cents.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahah I always thought about the 1 cent thing...

 
log analysis