Tuesday, February 19, 2008

To work or not to work?

The bug is back and it finally hit me after two weeks since the cold bug first appeared in the office. I was a high target since my cube mate got it first, and I thought I escaped it altogether until this morning.

It must have been the weather alternating between chilly and hot days reminding us the arrival of autumn next month. The view from my desk reveals the changing colour of the leaves outside. Like the leaves, my body caught the bug. Runny nose, lethargic muscles and the becoming more frequent nose bleed hit me this morning.

Adding to the discomfort was my head going haywire throughout the afternoon reconstructing the accounts while the clock ticked and ticked signifying my budget is closing in to my work-in-progress. Trying to keep myself fine, acting in the best interest of the client and adhering to the laws was the order of the day. But I was commuting in and out of my cube for more tissues instead.

I thought I might take a day off tomorrow, actually today, to rest but still contemplating to do so because I feel that I can still go on fine albeit being lethargic and having a tissue box as my companion. Mentally, I am feeling a sure go and more so after I thought I found a way to speed up the reconstruction and also minimise the tax liability.

Perhaps I need a flower so that I can decide with the petals.

2 comments:

Yinfun said...

take a break wei!
Time for MC!!

Benkaiser said...

And so I did. LoL. Even took the time for a haircut.

 
log analysis