Friday, January 9, 2009

Feeling the heat

Taking the lunch break to release some pent-up feelings.

In what was a casual conversation with a director 2 days ago about seconding me to another firm turns out to be rather serious matter.

Already two key partners have endorsed the move and the management will soon begin the process of sending me to a financial advisory firm to do...real financial advisory work. I welcome the move as this allows me to work in a field I am very passionate about but at the same time I feel the pressure to perform and excel in both firms.

It also means more workload, juggling back and forth between the two firms which in turns require me to up a notch on my time management and productivity tracking.

It is always easy to dream of doing something you want to do but when the real thing hits you its another story altogether. I reckon I need to chill out and instead of thinking of the looming pressure I will try to take it as a looming constructive challenge.

Alright, I need some fresh air.

No comments:

 
log analysis