Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Anal Retentive Reconciler

On my lunch break and still going through the CA discussion thread which I've missed out for over a month. It is addictive, dramatic and beats any TV shows or novels out there, in the eyes of an accountant.

Stumbled upon a statement by a Sydney accountant:

'.....I have never had that before. I have never handed in an EP that I knew was so wrong and doesn't even balance - as an accountant who is a traditional anal retentive reconciler I am truly ashamed of the work that I have been forced to submit tonight.....'

She is correct.

I suggest that all accounting courses and textbooks should incorporate the true meaning of being an accountant:

The A(n)nals of Accounting

By Benkaiser

PREFACE:

Accountants. They are a sorely mistaken bunch as bean counters but they are not.

Accountants are traditionally anal in their role as retentive reconcilers. In their world, what comes in must go out and vice versa, not in the terms of laymen who would usually say "What the fuck?", hence their own world which is again, traditional and anal, although they have tried to be creative in recent years but only to create majestic corporate collapses and failures which in turn extended their analism into the real world....


ISBN: 1+ 1 - 2 + 8 x 8= 0 (NOT!!!)

---

Now I feeling taking a jab at auditors! wahahahaha!

No comments:

 
log analysis