Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tired but still going on

Exhausted. So much to do. So little time. Muscles aching, probably due to too much tension and lack of proper physical rest. I would love to take a short break and the coming Easter break is much sought after. Despite being physically exhausted my mind is running on energizer batteries, solar power, coal-powered electricity, Red Bull, ecstasy and various other energies.

So much is going in my head that I seriously wish that a 10000 gig external hard disk can be usb'ied into my brain and back up all the ideas. There is the stock market, tax laws and my still incomplete screenplay.

But what is seriously running in my mind now is that I can finally have the chance to submit a memorandum outlining my economic plans and recommendations to parties that are willing to review it. Yes, I am seriously thinking about forwarding a paper to the opposition states as I already have such plans compiled into a notebook over the years. All my economic development plans are for Malaysia. I used to run a dead serious site that documents my papers/analysis/columns, one of which was published in The Star.

Digging them out revealed the relevance of the contents I wrote. I am not bragging or showing off but the fact is that what I wrote about redeveloping Penang as Malaysia's next economic and financial frontier four years ago suddenly seems relevant to the situation in the island state now. The people of the state voted out the previous government mainly on basic economic issues and the state's future. What I addressed four years ago is what Penang needs to move itself away from the lopsided reliance on the electronics and manufacturing sector.

I believe I can contribute to the country by contributing progressive and constructive ideas on how to improve our economy but I couldn't find the right avenue to do it in the past. I don't believe the BN-led federal government and back then, the opposition parties were too weak to take such grand views seriously. They were preoccupied on petty problems such as clearing clogged drains that are supposedly the responsibility of the local councils.

Now the time has come to wipe the dusts of my yellow notebook that contains my various economic and social plans that I believe are relevant to helping the five opposition states to build and integrate their economies that could form the showcase for the rest of the country. Why them? I identify with their visions.

I will be to the drawing board and hopefully to be in contact with Raja Petra soon to submit my papers.

:)

No comments:

 
log analysis