Wednesday, September 3, 2008

It is a bit of an edge

It is the first time in my professional working life that I will be receiving an award of recognition of my skills and knowledge in Australian Taxation.

The mail arrived today at my desk inviting me to attend an award ceremony in two weeks time at a high end hotel in the CBD to receive my scroll.

It certainly made me happy as it can give me a bit of an edge over my peers in the industry. I am not overjoyed about it though because this is just the beginning of a journey of trying my best to stay at the top of the game.

Already I am feeling the pressure - personally and professionally, to continually strive for excellence in my work.

Although I am recognised as being very much up there and I will accept it as a fact but I don't see myself at the very top yet.

I am happy to receive the award but with guarded joy. There are still a lot more rooms for improvement.

6 comments:

Yinfun said...

Congrats~!!
What award is it, if you don't mind me asking? I mean, by who exactly?

Benkaiser said...

Welcome back, Yinfun. It has been awhile :)

Is from CPA ;)

shanice said...

Hey ben!

Congrats!!! :)

Benkaiser said...

Hey Shanice! long time no see and it has been 21247924456215455644573 years since you commented in my blog!

Thx alot for ur congrats! haha

shanice said...

=.=
I do drop by once in awhile.. just that sometimes ur blog is too cangih-fied for me to comment only. hahaha

im a silent reader ma..
since im a quiet person bahahahahahahaha

Eh eh im heading to melb next yr's march for a week..

See you there ya??? but will meet up with u when u r back here sometime this yr rite?

Benkaiser said...

Cangih? hahah is that a compliment or what?

Great that you are coming in March because is my birthday month!!! you better have the presents ready for me!

I might be able to meet you up when I go back to KL either Nov/Dec ish or Jan ish ...

Will give you a yell then!

 
log analysis