Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A lazy day pondering what to do...

I've been looking forward to this xmas break since Easter as this is the only other time of the year I can take days off. Suddenly I find myself with nothing to do. Work? I've have alot to do but nah... I need a break. Friends are busy spending time with their love ones, family or out of town.

Today is a sunny, quiet and beautiful Sunday. So I thought maybe I should spend some time writing some words here since I've nothing to do besides work.

I like festive seasons because they make me jolly and of course, they are usually holidays. But the seasons also highlight the disctinction between those who have someone special in their life and/or with family and those who don't. And there are people who don't look forward to festive seasons because they will be alone.

This is my first Christmas Eve that I will be spending without much funfare. In the past it was either clubbing or house session with friends. This year many prefer to spend with their partners or family. Possibly a sign that we are getting older and doing things older people do.

Some have suggested that I need to find a girlfriend but that's easier said than done. I reckon it would be nice to spend time with a partner during times like this. But to get a girlfriend just so that I won't be lonely? No, thanks and I am fine with it.

The pile of books, mags and papers can be my girlfriends. Not to mention the movies and dramas =)


2 comments:

shanice said...

"But to get a girlfriend just so that I won't be lonely? No, thanks and I am fine with it."

Ben!! woooooooosh! you are a matured grown up man! muahahahaha
See ya soon! :)

xoxo

Benkaiser said...

Shanice! woooooooosh! you just didn't realise that I am a matured grown up man! muahahahaha

I shall see you soon Down Under!

 
log analysis